Panther Internet Accounting System
The Panther Applications Internet Accounting Solution (IAS) is a proven, stable solution that gives the providers the possibility to effectively charge customers based on their Internet usage, also called metered billing. The IAS system is widely used in hosting centers, but can also be used directly on consumer networks to control fair-usage and billing by usage.
Ensure the Profitability of Your Network
Panthers carrier-class solutions address the most critical issues for today's global networks -- visibility, availability, security, and the creation of differentiated services that increase revenue and profitability. By employing flow-based solutions manage and protect the entire network – from the network core to the broadband edge.
- Manage traffic at the subscriber and application level.
- Accurately plan capacity by understanding usage patterns.
- Manage bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Deliver customized service plans that reduce churn.
- Develop competitive yet profitable pricing models based on usage quotas or by using burstable rate (95th percentile).
- Designed for broadband service usage charging and traffic logging Panther IAS enables service providers to increase the ROI on their networks via advanced application and subscriber management.
- The Panther IAS architecture is independent of network and services, and handles all IP-traffic related data collection and charging.
The IAS's best-in-class charging models allows:
- Implementation of list prices: users that do not benefit from special agreements are charged automatically according to list prices.
- Special agreements regarding traffic consumption: it is possible to charge traffic right down to the customer’s individual IP address. For instance, home workstations and central machines may be charged separately.
- Charging according to service type: Individual prices may be charged for traffic consumption on the various services, eg mail, web, radio, VPN, etc.
- Charging according to service quality: Services that use QoS have a certain bandwidth requirement and can be charged separately.
- Charging according to time: It is possible to charge separate prices for days, nights, weekends, etc. For instance low rates and high rates according to the customer’s needs – cf. the charge system for telephony.
- Charging according to geographical distance: Variable prices may be charged for traffic between delimited areas on the Internet. For instance, specific charge systems may be defined for various countries and/or suppliers.
- Special charging between destinations: Special prices may be charged for traffic between two offices, for instance in order to make allowance for enterprises which use VPN. Flat-rate charges or reduced charges between two or more destinations may be defined, eg a fixed charge for traffic up to 30 GB per month between the enterprise’s internal departments.
- Individual charges: All charging modules may be tailored to the individual customer. Thus, the resolution becomes infinite.
Combination modules: Various charging models may be combined. One customer may, for instance, be charged generally according to traffic consumption, but have a free quota of 30 GB per month and a special charge between two offices, reduced charges at night between four different destinations and a slightly increased charge for quality traffic to IP telephony. Any solution may thus be tailored specifically to the individual customer’s requirements.
BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) information is gathered and gives you the IP-traffic overview you need to plan and optimize your networking infrastructure and customer offerings.
AS-numbers and Nexthop information is supported.
- Bandwidth dependent billing – (95 percentile)
- Usage dependent billing – (X Megabyte, gigabyte, terabyte etc. / Month or daily)
- Flexrate (first X MB og GB free, then count until X GB and flatrate above
- Fair usage
- Usage billing dependent on traffic destinations (BGP and Nexthop)
- IP version 4
- IP version 6
Datacollection can be done using
- Cisco Netflow version 5 and 9
Panther IAS' complex charging models focus sharply on the gross profit ratio for Internet services, allowing our customers to both earn more money and differentiate through a lot more parameters than price.
Panther IAS' charging models make allowance for the connection between income and expenses for the supplier in the entire product portfolio. The models also make it possible to settle not only consumption, but also traffic volume, service quality, geographical distance and time period.
No matter whether we are talking IP telephony, video conferences, centralised server hosting, closed networks (MPLS/VPN) or – briefly – any kind of IP-borne data transmission, the customer’s requirements are put first – and it is earnings that count!
Panther IAS is a scalable solution, which grows with your business and your needs, and ensures that you keep the overview over your growing IP-traffic.